Sunday, June 3, 2007

Off to Camp!

So, today is my last day in civilization for the next two months. This isn't a bad thing though, 'cause I'm going to camp! Camp Juliette Low has been my summer destination since I was 8. If you add up all the time I've been there as a camper, CIT, and counselor, I've spent over a year of my life on Lookout Mountain. Yes, I love it so much that I'm still looking forward to living in a tent and hanging out with the small children. This year I'm moving into Olympus (that's the counselor only unit), so I won't have to be directly responsible for the kids unless they're in my class. I'm hoping to have a little bit of downtime with which to work on my Clessidra stockings and possibly start my Orchid scarf.

My job this summer is to be the Project Adventure director. For those of you who don't know, PA includes trust activities, strategic puzzles, and climbing way up in the trees to do crazy things like walk across a log. 'Cause it's more fun to do it 30 feet up than on the ground, of course. Actually, I'm scared of heights, and I have to put up all of the equipment before the kids get on it. Eeep!

Really, the only downside to this job is the lack of internet and phones. So, if you want to be awesome, you will send me mail.

See y'all in August!

"In your life...be bold, be silly, speak your mind, behave in camp-like fashion, and if things don't go well...blame your Inner Child." --Sara Beth Hitt

No comments: