Thursday, May 31, 2007

Cooking Revue

My kitchen has been crazy the past two weeks. I've eaten great food, no doubt about it. I've probably gained weight too. The kitchen has been a buzz of activity with people coming and going (and singing). My dog isn't quite sure what to make of it all, but people give her treats, so she stays.

Some of my accomplishments:

Last night I made blackberry cobbler from a rather incomplete recipe found in my mother's recipe box. No indication of what size (or kind) of dish to cook it in, which made it a little tricky. It could have come from Paula Deen too... first ingredient: 1 stick of butter.

I learned how to make tortillas from the Mexican guy staying with us. It's super duper easy, and I can't believe I've never done this before. Right now I'm only making corn tortillas, but I hope to soon learn the art of flour tortillas too.

This weekend I helped my mom make homemade pasta. A little more time consuming, but worth it.

Finally, the past two Friday nights I made pizza dough for homemade pizzas. Talk about tasty! Again, the dough was easy, and I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I got the recipe from Barbara Kingsolver. What she did not offer though, was my great Mexican themed pizza that had salsa verde and chicken on it. Why have I not cooked with that many jalepenos before?

That's just a sample of the culinary masterpieces. I have a few pictures, but they have not yet made it up to my computer. Maybe I'll get it done before I head off to camp (send me letters people!)

No comments: