Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Fiesta!

Yes, it's been quite a while since I've taken the time to post, mainly because I had to pack up everything in my apartment and move home. I still don't have a good way to access the internet in my house (go to the basement, use the hook-up in the kitchen). My father hasn't figured out that he could put in a wireless router and make me happy.

But... I did graduate! Hooray!

All of my stuff is in storage in Durham - I hope it's all right. I only had a 10x10 ft. space to store my things, so the movers really had to pack things in. It is floor to ceiling crammed with boxes. I figure if I'm paying for the space I might as well use it.

Since I've been home, I've mainly been relaxing and taking things easy. Today I mailed off a bunch of packages to friends around the world. Hopefully they will all get there pretty soon.

My dad is an engineer, and one of his Mexican workers has been staying with us this week. I can't really communicate with him (his English is much better than my Spanish though), but he's been very friendly. Twice this week he has cooked us dinner, and it has been fabulous both times! Sunday night we had picadillo (beef with corn and potatoes) and tonight we had some national dish made with beef, onions, tomatoes, and jalepenos. Oh, and he taught my mom how to make real tortillas, and we had guacamole. So very very tasty. I'm really full, but I would love to eat more. My goal is to start eating a lot more peppers in my food. Yum city.

No comments: