Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It's done!

Today... I turned in my masters paper! Hooray! When I went to get my advisor's signature, he teased me about not being able to stop smiling. And it's true! I'm insanely giddy and very excited about being done. Only two more classes to go and then I graduate. :)

Knitting antedote of the day: I went to my LYS to buy some big needles to work on a cotton blanket (Log Cabin style from MasonDixon Knitting) for the bf's sister (who is graduating in May from high school). I figured doing lots and lots of garter stitch would be an appropriate mindnumbing task when I needed a break from cabling. So, I walk in and go to the needle wall. There were lots of huge and tiny needles, but really nothing in the midsize range. I found one set of 7s, but it was bamboo. Since I tend to knit tightly, I was hoping to find some metal needles to help with sliding and picking up stitches. I asked the shopkeeper about them, and her response: "I don't carry metal needles. I don't like the 'click clack' noise they make." Say what?

No comments: