Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring (part 2)

Along with the flowers are the birds and the bees! The bees in this thought are the bumblebees that have come out to buzz by me and the pup on our walks. So far she hasn't caught one, but she's come close! I've always liked bumblebees, and honeybees too - in fact, if I weren't so afraid of needles, that is what I would get a tattoo of. Bzzzzzz!

The birds mentioned above are nesting. Specifically, I want to share this picture of a mama killdeer on its nest. It wasn't too happy about me coming over with my camera, and it kept puffing up its feathers. Unfortunately, I never got a good picture of that. If you look closely on the ground behind it, you'll see four eggs. They look like grey pebbles. I can't wait to see the babies when they hatch!

No comments: