Monday, April 16, 2007

Feast for the eyes

I finally got around to uploading the pretty Atlanta in spring pictures, and I wanted to share my two favorites. The first one is one of the first yards you see when you enter the neighborhood, and the second is my house. I'm obviously having a little trouble getting the spacing right, but it's pretty anyways!


The other fun thing I saw today were ducklings! Sophie and I went for a walk by the lake and saw these babies. They must have just been hatched, otherwise I suspect they might not have survived the foul weather this weekend. I don't think the killdeer parents made it. There was no sign of a nest this morning when I went to work.


P.S. - CPR and First Aid certified! I can save your life!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hello - You wanted the recipe for the cupcakes I made with the strawberries? It's from 125 Best Cupcake Recipes.

Preheat to 350, put cupcake liners in cupcake pan.

Mix 1 cup flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp baking soda and a pinch of salt - set aside.

In the mixer, blend 3/4 C. sugar, 1/4 C. unsalted butter. Add 2 egg whites (one at a time), and then 1/3 C pureed strawberries (about 4 or 5 large berries).

Measure 2/3 C. buttermilk. Alternately add flour and buttermilk to batter (1/3 the flour, then 1/2 the buttermilk, then the 2nd third of the flour, then the rest of the buttermilk, and then the last 1/3 of the flour mix).

Scoop the batter in to the cupcake liners, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes (until the tops spring back when touched). When they cool, I used a basic buttercream frosting (1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar per stick of butter, with a splash of vanilla).

Enjoy :-)