This past weekend, I went up to D.C. to visit the boy and enjoy the spring. We got up early Saturday and headed down to the Tidal Basin to take in the cherry blossoms. There are lots of pictures, but I haven't had a chance to upload them yet... look for them soon. After we'd had our fill of flowers, we headed to the Mall for the National Kite Festival. There were lots of professional kite flyers, but more than that were the tons of people like me who were out there for fun. We grabbed a spot of grass and launched our little borrowed Discovery Kids kite. It worked great! That little thing could fly, and high too! There are pics of the kites to come as well. The nicest thing was that if a kite fell on your head (or your kite fell on someone else, or you got tangled, etc.) was that no one cared! Everyone was just relaxed and having a good time. It was great!
I also realized I'm coming close to having knitting ADD. I cast on my third project on a month or so, and I haven't finished any of them yet. To be fair, the socks are my fun project and the other two are gifts with a deadline (graduation present for May and baby shower present for next week). There will be pictures of those projects soon too.
Last, but not least, I passed comps! Whoo! Not that there was any real worry, but it was still nice to get the letter and be able to cross it off the list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment