I drove down to the ATL for Easter, and other than being COLD it was very pretty! All of the azeleas and dogwoods were in bloom, and there wasn't much yellow pollen in the air at all! (Sidebar: for those of you not from Atlanta, we have "yellow season" every spring. A "high" day for pollen is a count over 120. This year, Atlanta had a 6,000+ day. I love my city. And I don't have allergies!) I'm still a slacker and haven't uploaded my photos yet, but believe you me, it was nice. I sang and played handbells and had myself a grand time.
Handbell story: One of the pieces we played was slow and pretty (not joyful and triumphant!) and was done with the choir. The choir wasn't getting it, so we had to play it for 45 minutes! Our organist was playing the bells next to mine, and being the musical genius that he is, he was making up notes! When I pointed this out to him, he began making up notes for me too! Quite fun. However, he first asked me how I could tell he was just playing whatever he wanted, and I responded "I know how to read music." Perhaps it was a "had to be there" moment, but we had trouble keeping a straight face every time we saw each other for the next two days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment