Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I can has cheesecake

My mother received an email today from some Brazilian friends of my cousin raving about her cheesecake. Backstory: My cousin spent time in Brazil for work, and his new buddies came to the States to visit. They had heard good things about "cheesecake" and wanted to try some. My mom, being world renowned for her baking, was asked to produce said cake. The Brazilians apparently thought it was great and sent her this compliment:

Very obliged for its Cheese Cake, it mutch but good was
delicious.....very exactly wonderful.

Please don't get me wrong... I don't mean to poke fun at his English skills. I'm sure I sound the same when I try to speak German. I just am in love with the phrase "very exactly wonderful." I hope to one day do something that well myself.

Random picture of campus:

Isn't UNC pretty in the spring?

No comments: